Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My favorite*new* computer word

BAH. This is my favorite new computer word. I say new beause I am new to this whole "expressing your emotions through a keyboard and monitor" concept. I am a very "animated" communicator in *real* life.

So anyhow, bah. I think it expresses so much.

BAH! bah. BAH.

This is how I am feeling right now....which is striz-ange because I am now a FRIGGIN REGISTERED NURSE..the VERY THING I HAVE BEEN BUSTING MY ASS TO BECOME FOR THE LAST JILLION YEARS and I had an evening of yoga (new to me since my schedule has change...'cause I'm a NURSE)....a very nice evening of yoga by candle light. And, my best friend gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY baby boy...who loves me (he told me I'm his favorite auntie while holding my finger with his 23hr old mini-hand) and all in all life is great.

You know, I think we need a vacation. Trevor has had a stressful few months of work and we all know how things have been for me. The bummer part is that I started my new job as an RN on Tuesday (clarification-NOT the bummer part) and I have 12 weeeks of full time training...so we can't go to our parents home on Sanibel Island like we normally do each spring...I think we'll need to make do with a weekend getaway for the time being so that we don't beat each other to death during a fit of cabin fever.

Any ideas for the Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana region?
Our mental health is at stake here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Galena is quaint and far away feeling, yet close enough for the weekend. Devil's Lake if you're feeling outdoorsy. Lake Geneva? Kohler? (But only if you want to pay an arm and a leg for a spa treatment. Or, you know, go to the bathroom fixtures museum.) South Haven and all those little lake towns in Southwest Michigan are really nice- you can just hang out on the lake- still cold now, but you could get some great deals, I bet!

(Too many suggestions?)

Kate said...

I can so relate to this post. Life is good! So why do I feel so...so...bah. Good word. I think it is the weather. I hate to admit it, I like winter, but I'm getting ready for spring.

Hmmmm, ideas for weekend get aways...I have to second alot of pseudostoops suggestions, Galena, Lake Geneva, and Kohler are all good spa, relaxing weekends.

There is also Door County, WI; which you could probably get good rates on during this season. I've never been there during the winter but I have friends that have and enjoyed it. We love touring the wineries and going to the shops up there. I assume they'd still be open during this time of year. There is also snowshoeing and x-country skiing if you like to do that.

This comment is aleady way too long, but if I think of more I'll let you know! Congrats again on becoming an RN!

Anonymous said...

And wherever did you DISCOVER such an amazing internet word? Hmmm?

You're a dork.

Oh, and vacation for us, too. And bring us back something nice.

painterjoy said...

I love the weekend getaway. It shouldn't be underestimated! Just to have different scenery and stimulus is so therapeutic. DO IT!!
I always love just going to a nice bed and breakfast or camping.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

The Best Pseudo-Nephew In The Land can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Kristin said...

Thanks Ladies, for all of your ideas!!