Saturday, April 12, 2008

Insta-Karma

Thursday night, while sitting at Bennigans, eating a disgustingly fattening and deep fried Southwest Roll...totally exhausted and wiped out from work all week...I said to my husband, "I think I'll have the flu tomorrow", with a little smirk on my face. I just wanted to play hooky and go to the forest preserve and drink coffee...but I wasn't REALLY going to do that...it was just wishful thinking.

And then. At 9pm that night..not 3 hours after I stupidly joked about having the flu....I began to feel nauseous. My stomach bean to cramp. And I spent the next 10 hours sleeping on the bathroom floor next to the commode with "The Flu" (I will not go into any more detail) and cursing myself for....CURSING MYSELF!

Total Insta-Karma.

3 comments:

painterjoy said...

You poor thing! Ick! I am so sorry! Hopefully there can be some good to come of this - some much needed rest for you! Feel better soon!

Kate said...

Oh no! How awful. I hope you are feeling better!

Kristin said...

I am all better and back with VIGOR! Glad to see you ladies!