Damn. I knew I should have written down some of my ideas for blog entries.
Well, I'm back. My computers are working. I am able to email and web surf, and blog read, and update. Joy to the world!
Although, it has been nice being away from a computer for a couple of weeks.
Because I don't have much to blog about at the moment, I'll start with 25 Things About Me (in lieu of 100 Things, because that's just nuts).
1) I went to an amazing hippie college in Arizona that I miss everyday..but the entire time I was there my heart ached for home.
2) I was so excited to have babies...and now...I am just scared. Does that mean I am more ready in a twisted f-ed up way?
3) I have run marathons...and now I can barely run around the block. I need to start running again.
4) I love to make lists. I make lists about everything. Right now I have a summer To-Do that is over 20 items long..and I LOVE IT.
5) I enjoying painting. Like, on the walls in the house. I love the trim taping and being meticulous...I have painted 3 nurseries for friends/family to date and I have painted every room in my house. BY MYSELF.
6) My husband. He's kind of an ass. But I love it...because I'm an ass too.
7) But he's also secretly a mushy-mush...and so am I.
8) I am a nurse and I adore the job. There is nothing else I would rather be doing when I am caring for patients at the hospital. Except for maybe caring for patients at a therapeutic camp of some sort in the mountains.
9) I went to hippie college to be an outdoor educator and use the wilderness in a therapeutic and healing way.
10) I always secretly wanted to go to nursing school and would visit the local community college in AZ to get info on the nursing program every couple of months.
11) I have a 16 year old brother. He is the most awesome person in the world.
12) I grew up riding horse competitively. I was the grunt who would muck the stalls and groom other peoples horses at the horse show and then beat those richy-riches when it came time to compete.
13) I worship Martha Stewart and Real Simple magazines.
14) I hate doing laundry. There is a HUGE pile of clothes on the basement floor waiting to be washed. I just step over it.
15) I am a Real World junkie. I have watched every season since the first one in NYC. Yes, I have applied.
16) Also, I tried out for Fear Factor. I didn't make it. I'm not skinny or dumb enough.
17) I love the state of South Dakota. I love the landscape and the people and the wildlife. I would live there if it didn't take me so far away from my family.
18) This is hard
19) I am a picker. I know this is gross...but I love to pick pimples and gross shit like that. I have to bribe my husband to get him to let me "pick" on him.
20) I inherited this picking fetish from my mother.
21) When my husband proposed I told him to "Shut Up!" and I pushed him...like Elaine on Seinfeld.
22) We were engaged on Sanibel Island, FL...his whole family was there and he asked for my Dad's permission before we left on the trip.
23) I drive an orange Honda Element...that car that looks like a giant toaster or roller skate. Lots of people think they are ugly and stupid...but I love my Element and want to keep it forever. Seriously.
24) I secretly wish I had the talent to scrapbook. I just don't have the patience.
25) My second toes are freakishly longer than my big toes. Like weird alien fingers. I'm not even exaggerating.