Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some stuff about the last year.

A meme from Sundry!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Started growing another human being in my body

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions because I never stick to them. it's always disappointing.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My best friend Samantha, my childhood friend Jamie, and two of my friends at work.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank god.

5. What countries did you visit? Is Park Rapids, MN a country?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Jeez. More money in savings, more patience, enough money to take unlimited yoga at my favorite studio for a year, an organized home.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 21st-the day Trevor plummeted to the ground from a 3rd story balcony and broke his body. November 14th-the day the pregnancy test read POSITIVE!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a nurse!!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not taking hold of our finances like we had planned. It's so much easier to be lazy.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Injury- Trevor's "balcony incident"

11. What was the best thing you bought? New and fancy yoga mat

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? OBAMA!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Blago the Governor....California (Prop 8)

14. Where did most of your money go? Our house and "things" (I'm being honest)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being pregnant (also really, really, really scared.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Ridiculous but....I Kissed A Girl.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier...but also sadder due to my insane and raging hormones of death.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter...due to the baby. Not MUCH fatter though (yet)
c) richer or poorer? Richer but not by much.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Camping with husband and family

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Spending

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve at work and then with Trevor's family for their annual cocktail/dinner party, Christmas Day with my family, the day after with Trevor's family

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No

22. What was your favorite TV program? The Hills. Please don't hate me.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read? The Devil In The White City!!!!!!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Susan Tedeschi

26. What did you want and get? A baby in my belly, The healing of my husband, A job as a nurse, the health of my family.

27. What did you want and not get? A million dollars, a home on a lake

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Humbolt County

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 28...and I can't remember. Isn't that terrible??!!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A more organized and less cluttered home.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Yoga casual.

32. What kept you sane? Yoga

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eddie Vedder in all his hotness.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage.

35. Who did you miss? Grace, Jamie, The Gissel Family, friends in general because we are all so damn busy.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Gosh...I haven't really net anyone new that has stayed in my life. I think any of my patients...and their are a few really special ones that grip my heart.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Life is so damn temporary. Painfully and heart achingly temporary. Make the best of this amazing time...try not to focus on the crappy everyday little things. Focus on the miracle of being ALIVE.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. again...drawing a blank...

Happy New Year all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD your favorite movie of the year was written and directed by someone I know and love. I LOVE that small world connection.

Also love the rest of your meme- it's been an incredibly eventful year for you, which really comes through when you see it all assembled together!