Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey all...I just got back from yoga..and I feel like my legs are going to fall off. We did nine million hours of balancing poses and I have very weak feet and ankles. Also, my left foot is recovering from a break a few months ago...so all the balancing ROCKED MY WORLD. After the intensity ceased, we started to wind down into shavasana (the finishing sequence of yoga practice that harmonises your energy as you lay still with your eyes closed and relax) Marlene, my teacher, asked us to please use this time to open our hearts to the world and let love pour out for all beings. I closed my eyes and took a few breaths into my heart and then began to picture this:



Yes, I am a child of the 80's. I literally was picturing myself as the Love Care Bear, with little hearts floating up out of my chest by the thousands, floating out through the windows into the streets and popping over peoples heads, giving them my love! It was a very entertaining way to end the class, me in my little world...with hearts and bears...spreading the love!

Happy Valentines Day everyone....I hope you see some of my Care Bear hearts during your day today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That. Is. Awesome.

If I were you I would have burst into a fit of giggles!

You know of my extensive Care Bear collection still at my mom's. If the spirit moves you, I'm sure you could 'borrow' one for a little bit to get your fix :-)

Kristin said...

I know! I totally had a grin on my face...I was just happy in my little Care Bear world!

Maybe I'll take you up on that...Care Bear Yoga...

Kate said...

Oh, I love Care Bears. This is such a great visual.