Monday, February 25, 2008

Tomorrow is scaring the crap out of me.

Tomorrow morning at 8am....I am taking the biggest test of my life. The NCLEX exam. I graduated from nursing school this past December and have been studying for this day since the beginning of January after giving myself a much needed and deserved break for the Holiday season. The NCLEX exam is what determines whether or not I get my sate license and become a Registered Nurse. I know my profile says "RN"..but really I'm a "licence pending nurse"...it was just easier at the time.

This test is friggin' hard. It's 75 to 265 questions and can take up to 6 hours depending on how many questions you are given. Studying for this has been so hard for me...I have never been a great student. School has always been a challenge for me and this is no different. Sometimes the questions on the practice tests make me laugh out loud because they are so ridiculously difficult. I think...REALLY!? I'm supposed to know this? Because...the school I graduated from didn't think I needed to know this. Seriously...I feel so under prepared by the college I attended...I could scream.

So....here I go. Tomorrow I take the test and within 48 hours I get my results. In less than 72hours I'll know if I'm an RN...or if I have to study for 45 more days and take the exam again.

Please...send me some prayers...or good mojo...or vibes...whatever you like to call it...just send it to me. I think I'll need it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

3 comments:

samantha Jo Campen said...

I've been thinking about you since I woke up. Just remember, you were nervous about your clinicals and you did great there.

Call me right when you're done, before you start drinking :-)

LOVE YOU!!!!!

madness rivera said...

Oh my gosh, girl. Are you taking this right this minute. Knock it out!

Kristin C. said...

Thanks for thE words of encouragement Sam and Madness. I am still totally spazzing out. I'll update when I know!