Friday, February 1, 2008

Weekend Warriors , ACTIVATE!

Husband and I decided, last minute, that we're going to head up into Wisconsin to Devil's Head for the weekend! In the last 24 hours we've had around 6 inches of snow and while I don't think WI has been hit as hard..they are expecting some fresh snow fall over the weekend. So we're packing up our dusty gear, dropping the dog off at the "grandparents" and heading Up North. I tried to take my skis into our local ski shop this morning to get a tune up...but they don't do it in house! So the resident ski doctor gave me some wax to do it myself...but if I'm not precise in the application, I could end up with skis so sticky that I could WALK up the "mountain". Sooooo....we'll see how it all turns out. Worst case scenario I bust out the rental gear. Whatever.

The rest of afternoon will include packing, Trader Joe's snack food run, more packing, a frolic in the snow with the Huskie and some mellow time on the couch. I will be back on Sunday night with the results of my weigh in for the week...and maybe some pics of our Weekend Warrior adventure. Hope you all have a great weekend....skiing, ice fishing, sun-bathing (you could be in FL reading this), or hibernating!

I leave you with a yoga quote (that, to be honest, I don't completely understand. So maybe you could give me your interpritation of it. Please, enlighten me).....

"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." - Khalil Gibran

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so embarrassed to admit this...I've lived in WI for 10 years and have never been to Devil's Head. But, I HEAR it is gorgeous!!

Have a great trip!

Kristin said...

That IS crazy! Devils Head is a really beautiful area to ski, especially when the closest skiing to us is Wilmot...which is tree-less and looks out over a ton of housing developments. However, a better place to go in WI is www.skigranitepeak.com in Wausau. It's WAY bigger. I think we're going to try and go at the end of this month...if the weather is still in our favor.

Kate said...

We actually live in Point and I used to work in Wausau. Although we don't ski much, I love Rib Mountain; especially at night when the slope is lit up and illuminates over the city.